- Your skull has 29 bones.
- The top neck bone is called the atlas, named after a giant in a Greek story.
- The "ball" you feel in your shoulders is called the humerus rotates ( I think its called that because it rotates your arm).
- You have 24 vertebrae.
- You have 12 pairs of ribs.
- Your pelvis, A.K.A hip bone is made up of 6 bones.
- The thigh bone is the heaviest bone in your body.
- Your knee caps don't have much padding so if you kneel on them for a long time they will hurt faster than other bones.
- There are 26 bones in your foot.
- There are two bones in both your arms and legs.
- There are 27 bones in your hands.
- Bones are made up of plates called lamellae
- Collagen runs through bones and toughens them.
Monday, November 24, 2008
Fun Fact Mania
I thought that I should add some cool facts, some I know some I don't know, to this blog. I got these facts from two books called: You Can't See Your Bones with Binoculars: A guide to your 206 bones by Harriet Ziefert, and Bones: Our Skeletal System by Seymour Simon. Well here are the facts:
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment